mqueue and mqueue.in have more files than necessary ... should I worry?

TAC Forums tac.forums at gmail.com
Fri Mar 31 03:50:06 IST 2006

> I'd check what makes up the discrepancy. F.i. could be a lot of old data
> files with no queue files.

Yes it is. Any ideas how to quickly delete these files?

Here is what I'm thinking.

1. Stop mailscanner / sendmail.
2. Type mailq and get the list of active messages that are in the
queue and move them to another folder.
3. delete all other files in /var/spool/mqueue
4. move the active files back to mqueue.
5. Start Mailscanner

However, any ideas what I should do about /var/spool/mqueue.in ?

How do I know which of these messages are active and which aren't?

Regards
-
TAC Helpdesk