Reg. MailScanner-4.45.4

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu Mar 30 12:01:09 IST 2006

Why didn't you use the RedHat RPM-based distribution of MailScanner?
It would have saved you a whole world of pain, and everything is there.

Hose /opt/MailScanner completely, download the RPM-based distribution
of MailScanner, and install that instead. Your life will be a lot
easier :-)

If you use the most recent version you will find it is a whole lot
faster, too. There is a program called "upgrade_MailScanner_conf"
which will do all the hard work of upgrading your MailScanner.conf
file to the latest version. Once you have MailScanner installed, just
read the instructions it prints out at the end of the installation
process.

On 30 Mar 2006, at 10:31, padma at eis.iisc.ernet.in wrote:

> I have installed Mailscanner-4.45.4.tar.gz with sendmail-8.13.1.
> There are no errors when installing but how do i get to stop
> sendmail and restart mailscanner because unlike in an rpm there is
> no start=up script in source files
>
> installed in /opt/Mailscanner/bin
>
> Any quick suggestions?
>

> Regards