Blacklist on email to

Chris Mason (Lists) lists at masonc.com
Sun Mar 26 22:41:56 IST 2006

Kai Schaetzl wrote:

> Then you want to use the access.db. If you don't know what this is,
> install Webmin and administer it that way.
>
> Kai

I know what it is. The access db is a way to manually block senders,
which is not what I asked for.

Anyway, I found a script that did what I was looking for, modified it,
integrated it into the apf firewall so that the ip of spammers trying a
dictionary name attack (or rumplestiltskin if you want to correct name)
were added to the block list of the firewall. It's working beautifully
now, I've blocked 10 spam relays today already, which is probably 1,000
pcs spam.
This form of spam attack was driving me nuts, for some reason they like
my masonc.com domain.
I'm happy to share the method with anyone who is interested.

--
Chris Mason
NetConcepts
Yahoo IM: netconcepts_anguilla at yahoo.com