Mailscanner / Mailwatch Installation

Rob Freeman rob at robhq.com
Sat Mar 25 04:21:08 GMT 2006

Install centos 4.3

yum update

configure sendmail

install mailscanner

use that great spamassassin / clamav install script from julian on the
mailscanner website ( Is a great way to get around using CPAN)

Install DCC / pyzor / razor from the mailscanner wiki documentation

disable yum update from installing an older version of spamassassin by
editing /etc/yum.conf to exclude=spamassassin

add your custom spamassasin rules aka like rules_da_jour script

add any other anti virus programs you own or free like bitdefender

install mailwatch

Just a brief overview off the top of my head on what I do to get it going.