Mailscanner / Mailwatch Installation

John Schmerold john at katy.com
Fri Mar 24 21:57:54 GMT 2006

I do not want to turn this post into any kind of holy war within the
group, however I really need to get a couple Mailscanner boxes on-line
and I want to use Mailwatch to monitor & maintain the servers.

Here's my problem: I have never managed to install Linux, Mailscanner &
Mailwatch without fighting odd dependency issues (I hate hate hate CPAN
-it never works, I always get odd dependency errors)

I'm partial to Red Hat type installs because I've been tinkering with
various distros for 8 years, I kinda like SUSE because it seems like the
most professional distro (no holy wars please).

However I really don't care what I use, I just want to burn a DVD or CD,
install Linux, do a YUM (or equivalent) update, install a couple AV
applications, install spamassassin,  install mailscanner using
install.sh, install mailwatch using instructions at:
http://tinyurl.com/hnnfm

Based on the mailwatch web-site, I suspect I should use Centos 3.6
Server distribution, anyone find that something else works flawless &/or
better?

TIA