grep filters to block open relay

Dhawal Doshy dhawal at netmagicsolutions.com
Fri Mar 24 08:39:22 GMT 2006

hermit921 writes:

[SNIP]

> Don't ask me how silly this is - I feel like screaming.
> I just want to know if anyone else has ever heard of this type of
> filtering being done.

qmail has a patch to specifically block these kind of patterns.. silly yes,
but some open-relay (ordb or dsbl i can't remember) test would get my qmail
servers listed for this very reason. (this was years back and i am not sure
if this is still the case)

 - dhawal

for the use of the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient,
please
notify the sender by e-mail requesting deletion of the original message.
Further, you are not to copy, disclose, or distribute this e-mail or its
contents to any other person and any such actions are unlawful. NetMagic
Solutions Pvt. Ltd. has taken every reasonable precaution to minimize the
risk
of virus infection & spam, but is not liable for any damage, you may sustain
as a result of any virus in this e-mail. You should carry out your own virus
checks before opening the e-mail or attachment. NetMagic Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
reserves the right to monitor and review the content of all messages sent to
or from this e-mail address.

Messages sent to or from this e-mail address may be stored on the NetMagic
Solutions Pvt. Ltd.'s e-mail system.