Sendmail Vulnerability: critical

Paul Welsh paul at welshfamily.com
Thu Mar 23 21:40:19 GMT 2006

> Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 06:49:10 -0500
> From: "Dave" <dmehler26 at woh.rr.com>
> Subject: Re: Sendmail Vulnerability: critical
>     I'm checking the fedoralegacy site for sendmail rpms i
> can get via yum
> and am not seeing them. Does anyone know of a yum repository
> that has rh9,
> to fc3 updated sendmail rpms?
> Thanks.
> Dave.

I'm in the same position, Dave.  My current (but soon to be replaced) server
is running RH9.  I just installed the legacy yum (thanks Matt Kettler for
pointing this out) but on running yum update I find I've a list of 85
updates which I'm loathe to install on a live server unless they're
absolutely critical - see http://www.secondarymail.net/updates.txt for the
list yum presented to me.

I reckon my best option is to wait for the updated Sendmail to be put on
http://download.fedoralegacy.org/redhat/9/updates/i386/ and use the "yum
install <packagename>" option to install just the updated Sendmail.

Does that make sense?