MS logs to two facilities

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Thu Mar 23 14:31:19 GMT 2006

I changed the logging facility in MailScanner.conf to local1. I changed
syslog.conf. I restarted both servers several times. I get logging now to
*both* logs /var/maillog and /var/log/mailscanner.log. It seems that MS is
now logging to the mail *and* local1 facilities instead of just local1. Is
this something special with local?
I did this in the past and it worked fine. I didn't use a local facility,
though, but "abused" news.
This is latest MailScanner on CentOS 4.3.
I changed to news, still the same problem.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany