Blocking specific words with MailScanner/SpamAssassin

Matt Kettler mkettler at evi-inc.com
Wed Mar 22 19:43:22 GMT 2006

shuttlebox wrote:
> On 3/22/06, emm1 <ljosnet at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I have been getting alot of specific SPAM lately and I was wondering
>> if it is possible to block those mails by blocking specific words
>> found in them?
>
> Yes. Read Matt Kettler's guide and you will be writing your own
> SpamAssassin rules in no time.
>
> http://mywebpages.comcast.net/mkettler/sa/SA-rules-howto.txt

That version is valid, but it's outdated. Check the version of this document
that's on the spamassassin official wiki:

http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/WritingRules

Of course, that version has been edited by many people, (mostly Justin, Dan and
AltGrendel) and updated significantly from my original text.