byes_toks.expireXXX files {OCVC Scanned}

Trevor Allett tallett at ocvc.ac.uk
Thu Mar 16 14:22:07 GMT 2006

Hi list,
As previously stated I have inherited a pair of MailScanners, the
previous admin left. On one of them I have been having a problem with
disk space, the problem seems to be the "bayes_toks.expire" files (at
/root/.spamassassin/), 5GBs of them. The fix, as I understand it, is;

(How do I control the bayes database from growing out of control right
now?)

Stop MS. Delete all files except bayes_journal, bayes_seen and
bayes_toks. Now run "sa-learn --force-expire".

...am I correct? How do I "Stop MS"? and will the Directory fill up
again?

BTW Thanks for previous help with the DAT files.

------------------------------------
Trevor Allett.
IT Services Officer
Oxford and Cherwell Valley College
Oxfordshire - UK

--
Notice: The contents of this message are confidential and
may be legally privileged.  If you are not the intended

This message has been scanned at the Oxford and Cherwell Valley
College email gateway using MailScanner (www.mailscanner.info)
and is believed to be free of viruses and dangerous content.
You are advised, however, to carry out your own checks before
opening any attachment(s).