Problem with MIME multipart/related

shuttlebox shuttlebox at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 15:51:13 GMT 2006

I have a problem with mail sent from some kind of medical appliance. I
get a "Could not analyze message" report and the message gets
quarantined. This is the only log line from MailScanner:

Mar 13 13:50:21 ajax MailScanner[25733]: Saved entire message to
/queues/MailScanner/quarantine/20060313/k2DCoIjU028388

The message passes a Sendmail server before it so the problem must be
related to MS having problems unpacking the MIME structure. I called
the company and they were pretty much clueless but admitted that other
customers had varying problems looking at the mails. They contain HTML
with image tags and some customers saw it properly and others only saw
the text and no images.

This is the last part of the qf-file. Is it the two semicolons after
multipart/related that is the problem (syntax error) or doesn't MS
support this content type? I don't know how common it is.

H??X-Mailer: CytoMailer1.0
H??MIME-Version: 1.0
H??Content-Type: multipart/related;;
     boundary=WC_MAIL_PaRt_BoUnDaRy_05151998