4.51.6: Messages getting stuck in incoming queue with 4.51.5?

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sat Mar 11 20:22:44 GMT 2006

Some of you have experienced problems with occasional messages getting
stuck in the incoming queue with the latest version, when you have
    Use TNEF Contents = replace
set in MailScanner.conf.

This happened with messages that are delivery error report messages that
contain the whole of the failed message. Fortunately these are pretty
rare these days as most MTAs open quote the headers, or the first few
lines of the message.

I have found and fixed the bug, now I actually have a copy of a message
that suffers from the problem!

I have released 4.51.6 to fix this bug. It is only worth upgrading if
you are using 4.51 and are suffering from this problem. The new feature
was introduced in 4.51 so there's no need to upgrade unless you are
already running 4.51.

Sorry about this, but I wanted to get the fix out now rather than
leaving it till the start of April. My set of test messages didn't
include a message with exactly the right MIME structure to show this
bug. :-(

Many apologies.

--
Julian Field