phishing local file...

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu Mar 9 09:23:21 GMT 2006

If you use my cron job for updating the phishing.safe.sites.conf
file, you should find that your local changes are kept when the
update happens.

So you should be able to just add your own entries and they should
stay in there, the new version of the file will just get wrapped into
the mix.

Please test this with the update_phishing_sites command and let me
know if this is not working.

On 8 Mar 2006, at 22:36, ajos1 at onion.demon.co.uk wrote:

> -
>
> Every night.. my   phishing.safe.sites.conf   is updated... and I
> want to leave it that way... because I do not have to worry about it.
>
> I would like an additional 'local version' of the file... in which
> I can stick in 5 or 6 entries particular to my own situation...  I
> have tried reading the documentation... and I cannot find out what
> I have to do... to have an additional local version of:
> phishing.safe.sites.conf

> Thanks in Advance, Ajos1.
>

> Basically I need to reduce down some of these messages... for our
> most common links...
>
> "MailScanner has detected a possible fraud attempt from
> "mail.whatever-mymachine-is-called.uk" claiming to be
> www.cancer.org.uk"

- --
Julian Field

believed to be clean.