--lint test and DCC

Billy A. Pumphrey bpumphrey at WoodMacLaw.com
Wed Mar 8 15:50:40 GMT 2006

Whewww.... Man I am lost on this DCC thing.  I got it going on my last
machine but this time around is a different story.

I am so confused with reading the different documentation.
I have been using this one today:
http://www.rhyolite.com/anti-spam/dcc/dcc-tree/INSTALL.html

when I do a ./configure for dcc I get the error:
look for sendmail milter library in
./../sendmail/obj.Linux.2.6.9-22.ELsmp.i686
        *** cannot build dccm without sendmail headers in ./../sendmail
                and libraries in
./../sendmail/obj.Linux.2.6.9-22.ELsmp.i686 ***
checking for Rsendto... (cached) no
creating ./config.status

I am guessing this is bad since it needs the milter.  I have sendmail
version 8.13 which automatically has milter support built in right?
[root at WoodenMS2 dcc-1.3.30]# sendmail -bs
220 WoodenMS2.woodmaclaw.local ESMTP Sendmail 8.13.1/8.13.1/Submit; Wed,
8 Mar 2006 09:47:23 -0500

I have read that whole page and I am just confused on how to get it
working.  It says that I need to put the client files in /var/dcc but
they are already in there.  Says that I need to edit sendmail.cf to make
sure that cdd starts before sendmail. ??

Can someone one give me in English what I need to do to make sure that
my DCC is working?

I have figured out that I do not need the DCC server.  My sendmail
version is listed above.

Thank you