Log rotation question

Tom Combs combs at magnet.fsu.edu
Tue Mar 7 22:08:46 GMT 2006

Hello All,

  I'm working on my logrotate configuration under RHEL 3 to rotate my
  sendmail and mailscanner logs. Is it recommended to stop the sendmail
  and MS processes  before doing the rotation of the logs? I would think
  that this would be a good practice if not actually a requirement. My only
  concern is that the nefu process monitor will see that sendmail/ms is down
  and send a page, not a good thing.   Thanks!

Tom Combs                                  E-mail: combs at magnet.fsu.edu
National High Magnetic Field Laboratory    Phone: (850) 644-1657
1800 E. Paul Dirac Drive                   Tallahassee, FL 32310