Going to try upgrading again.

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sat Mar 4 16:30:00 GMT 2006

Dhawal Doshy wrote:
> Lance Haig wrote:
>>
>> Loads of perl errors when running the install
>>
>> I am running on SUSE 9.3
>>
>> Here are some of the errors
>>
>> is this bad?
>
> ExtUtils-MakeMaker is a part of perl on most linux distributions for
> some time now.. so there is nothing to worry about. The MailScanner
> installer also clearly indicates the same..
>
> Can anyone report a linux distro which doesn't bundle
> ExtUtils-MakeMaker along with perl?
>
> Julian if possible, how about skipping this for the RPM based install.sh?
RAQs don't include a recent-enough version, and there are still quite a
lot of them out there. If you use Perl 5.8 then you're fine, but I think
most earlier versions need upgrading. If this module is too old, then
you will get some *very* strange errors later in the installation which
are hard to diagnose, so I make sure it's up to date enough not to cause
problems later in a few of the other modules that happen to use
recently-added features in it.

--
Julian Field

believed to be clean.