Filetypes inside archive files.

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Fri Mar 3 23:22:22 GMT 2006

Sergey Dorokhov spake the following on 3/3/2006 2:29 PM:
> Hello all.
> Mailscanner is doing pretty good job by filtering dangerous attachments (EXE,
> COM and etc.). But in the same time I want to allow these types of files to be
> sent inside archives (ZIP, ARJ and etc.). It seems that I can’t find any info
> in old postings or docs.
> I can allow to send any filetypes without ZIPping it but I want to allow EXE
> files ONLY inside archive but still deny them if they are attached as is.
>
> I would appreciate if someone will share their knowledge.
> Thanks in advance,
> Sergey

# The maximum depth to which zip archives will be unpacked, to allow for
# checking filenames and filetypes within zip archives.
#
# Note: This setting does *not* affect virus scanning in archives at all.
#
# To disable this feature set this to 0.
# A common useful setting is this option = 0, and Allow Password-Protected
# Archives = no. That block password-protected archives but does not do
# any filename/filetype checks on the files within the archive.
# This can also be the filename of a ruleset.
Maximum Archive Depth = 0