Help - user error caused mailscanner to stop working

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Fri Mar 3 18:38:34 GMT 2006

shuttlebox spake the following on 3/3/2006 5:57 AM:
> On 3/3/06, Bjørn-Sverre Nøttum <bsnottum at hotmail.com> wrote:
>> No no mail passes thruough the mailgateway. I have tried to stop the
>> instance of sendmail that he started and then restarted mailscanner - but it
>> does not help.
>
> Doesn't he know what changes he did so you/he can reverse them? Didn't
> he save the original files with different names before he changed
> them? Don't you have backups from yesterday?
>
>> I am running mailscanner Version 1.1-4 BETA on an fc2 server with sendmail
>> on the mailgateway. Anyone that can help me on this??
>
> Sounds quite old. ;-)
The 1.1-4 BETA is the version of the Webmin module for MailScanner, not the
version of MailScanner itself. IMHO you need a backup of the relevant files,
an idea of his changes, or a big LART to strike him with.

"Friends don't let friends admin their servers if they don't know what they
are doing."