Help - user error caused mailscanner to stop working

Bjørn-Sverre Nøttum bsnottum at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 3 13:12:08 GMT 2006

Hallo!

I have a mailserver running squirrelmail. I use mailscanner on a seperate
machine as mailgateway and all the other stuff mailscanner so wonderfully
does.

A collegue of mine - it is true, it was not me!! - really messed things up
today. He made changes into the sendmail configuration file - I do not think
it was in either of the two that mailscanner creates - and restarted
sendmail itself, not via mailscanner! Stupid ass!! Excuse my language.

No no mail passes thruough the mailgateway. I have tried to stop the
instance of sendmail that he started and then restarted mailscanner - but it
does not help.

I am running mailscanner Version 1.1-4 BETA on an fc2 server with sendmail
on the mailgateway. Anyone that can help me on this??

Sincerely

Bjorn