spam detected but not tagged

Dave Strydom strydom.dave at gmail.com
Thu Mar 2 10:14:05 GMT 2006

I have an idea (it may be stupid though)

Correct me if I am wrong but, If a message gets a hit from the
spamassassin.cache.db then it is definately spam?

If the above is right, can you do not put a additional check in the
code, that check if the message got a spam hit from the
spamassassin.cache.db, and if it did mark it as spam (regard of the
output it gets from the hit)

Because as you see from this:

Feb 28 09:05:42 Cerberus MailScanner[22928]: SpamAssassin cache hit
for message 1FDyvT-0006SE-Nn
Feb 28 09:05:42 Cerberus MailScanner[22928]: Message 1FDyvT-0006SE-Nn
from 220.104.253.235 (cleopatr at akeva.com) to xxxxxxxxxx.com is not
spam,

It got a hit from the database, (this is where it gets the score of 19
or whatever) but then mailscanner says it's not spam. Could you not
code it so it does this: "

if spamassassin cache hit then
is definately spam.

or am I way off the ball here?