Number of messages in a batch

shuttlebox shuttlebox at gmail.com
Thu Mar 2 09:35:11 GMT 2006

I asked for this during Julian's vacation so I try again...

I think the timings of the batch is interesting but it's hard to
connect it to the number of messages in that batch, especially when
parsing the logs with scripts. I use the default max batch size of 30
messages but during normal load MS starts processing a batch with
typically 1-5 messages. I would like this log line:

Batch processed in 9.58 seconds

...to look like this or similar:

Batch (24 messages) processed in 9.58 seconds

Then it would be easy to see the throughput speed. Would that be easy
to implement? Is that info available at the time the log line is
written?

--
/peter