massive spamassassin database files (Was: RE: Users of RBL's)

Chris Hammond chris at tac.esi.net
Fri Jun 30 18:04:20 IST 2006

I never noticed before but bayes_seen was almost 90MB.  Supposedly due to a bug
that was supposed to be fix in SA 3.1.x which I am running from Dag's repo but the
db was still huge.  Googling said the only answer was to start over so I mv'd bayes_seen
to a backup file and let it create a new one.  Will see if it makes any difference.

Thanks
Chris

Daniel Maher wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Speaking of massive spamassassin- related files, my auto- whitelist files are /huge/ -  in every case larger than the seen and token files by a factor of 2 or 3.  Any idea what I could be doing to keep the whitelist nice and trim as well?

>From the "tools" directory of the SpamAssassin tarball, there's a script called
"check_whitelist"

Running check_whitelist -- clean <awl_database_file> will purge all the "seen
only once" entries from the AWL database.