logging content checks

Patel, Anjana Anjana.Patel at Cranfield.ac.uk
Fri Jun 30 11:52:19 IST 2006

Hello,

I'm trying to extract some stats from our maillog and found that
although it logs messages that contain spam, phishing or HTML messages
converted to plain text it does NOT log any messages that have bad
content or bad filenames.  I've looked through the MailScanner.conf file
and as far as I can see the logging options are set correctly.

So for example, this works:

# Do you want all spam to be logged? Useful if you want to gather
# spam statistics from your logs, but can increase the system load quite
# a bit if you get a lot of spam.
Log Spam = yes

But this doesn't: (unless I have interpreted this wrong, I should not
need to set this to yes for it to log filenames that are denied)

# Log all the filenames that are allowed by the Filename Rules, or just
# the filenames that are denied?
# This can also be the filename of a ruleset.
Log Permitted Filenames = no

System spec:
Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 4 (Nahant Update 3)
Mailscanner v 4.52.2

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
Anjana