Sophos for Linux announcement

Mark Nienberg gmane at tippingmar.com
Wed Jun 28 17:48:44 IST 2006

We would like to make you aware of an issue with the latest version of
Sophos Anti-Virus for Linux, which needs your urgent attention to
ensure that your protection is up to date.

We are contacting you because our records indicate that your company
has downloaded this latest version and that you may therefore be using
it within your company.

If you are not the person in your company responsible for
administering Sophos Anti-Virus on  Linux computers, please could you
pass this email on to that person as soon as possible

Sophos Anti-Virus for Linux 5.0.6 (released Friday 23 June) contains
a bug which has resulted in a loss of updating functionality.
An error will be generated when /opt/sophos-av/savupdate is run:

ERROR: Failed to read configuration 'UpdateSourcePath'

Although Sophos Anti-Virus for Linux will continue to protect
against malware, it will not be able to update itself.

Customers using Sophos Anti-Virus for Linux in conjunction with
gateway products will also be affected.

http://s561.link.sophos.com/kb5718?pl_id=9