Merging 2 Bayes Databases

Paul Houselander housey at sme-ecom.co.uk
Tue Jun 27 17:03:10 IST 2006

Hi

Thanks for the advice on this, ive now set it up so ive only used the
largest of the 2 bayes databases.

The mysql server this sits on is actually seperate from the 2 MailScanner
machines, my next question is what I should do with regards to expiry?

At the moment I have the following set in spam.assassin.prefs.conf on both
MailScanner machines

bayes_auto_expire 0

and the following in MailScanner.conf

Rebuild Bayes Every = 86400
Wait During Bayes Rebuild = yes

Im guessing I need to disable this on both MailScanner machines and set a
cron job a daily cronjob on the machine the mysql is on?

0 23 * * * /usr/bin/sa-learn --force-expire --sync -p
/etc/MailScanner/spam.assassin.prefs.conf

Is this correct?

Cheers

Paul