Users of RBL's

Chris Hammond chris at tac.esi.net
Tue Jun 27 03:09:46 IST 2006

I looked at the site and think I will stick with bind for now but keep my
options open.

Thanks
Chris

On 26/06/06, Chris Hammond <chris at tac.esi.net> wrote:
> >>Chris Hammond wrote:
>

> >> Understood.  What DNS server in most recommended?
>
> >Well, your choices are bind, djbdns, and microsoft.
>
> >I'm assuming you're using a unix box, so Microsoft is out. I'd also not call DNS
> >Microsoft's strong suit even if you have it arround. (heck, given the state of
> >NDIS 2-  5, I wouldn't call anything network-  oriented their strong suite).
>
> >Since djbdns splits resolving and authoritative servers into two separate tools
> >it might be a bit lighter weight than bind if you're running cache/forward only.
>
> >However, as long as you're not splitting hairs on the edge of system collapse
> >due to overload either should work fine.
>
> Ok, I am going to move to a later version of bind than what comes with CentOS
> 4 which is 9.2.4 and will see if the newer version performs better.  I have read
> alot of people complaining about binds speed.
>
> Thanks
> Chris

'If you feel like it, why not look at some of the alternatives here:
http://www.dns.net/dnsrd/servers/unix.html ... Just a tad more
choice:- )
--
--  Glenn

Support MailScanner development -  buy the book off the website!

believed to be clean.