SPAM got in

Matt Kettler mkettler at evi-inc.com
Sat Jun 24 01:28:16 IST 2006

Arthur Sherman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> See this, he got in:
>

> I have RDJ installed with rules as follows:

<snip, really big RDJ config >

Step 1: what version of SA are you using? If 3.0.0 or higher, remove antidrug
from your configuration. This file is ONLY for users of SA 2.x.

Step 2: are you using network tests? if so, remove SARE_SPAMCOP_TOP200 from your
config, it's redundant.

> Why it got in?

Step 3: to debug the false negative, you'll need to turn on the following in
MailScanner.conf:

Always Include SpamAssassin Report = yes

This will cause a spamassassin report to be added to the header of all messages.
Without it, you can't even begin to guess why there was a FN.

> Btw, how you deal with other languages, espacially hebrew and russian?

The same way I deal with any other language.. feed it to bayes as appropriate.