RegEx in whitelist

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Fri Jun 23 23:43:32 IST 2006

On Fri23 Jun 06, at 17:53, Sam Przyswa wrote:

> Julian Field a écrit :

>> You should surround the regexp with "/" so that MailScanner
>> recognises it properly and does not try to compile it into a
>> regexp  again. So use
>> From: /smtp\d+-g\d+\.free\.fr/   yes
>

> I put it in my spam.whitelist.rules, restart MailScanner and then
> that's don't work, mails from the smtp2-g19.free.fr (blacklisted)
> server is not whitelisted :-(
>
> I use MailScanner 4.41.3
>
> What's wrong ?

Whitelisting the domain name here is not the same as whitelisting the
IP address of the server sending you the mail. What you are
whitelisting is the sender's email address used on the message being
sent to you, it is not whitelisting the hostname of the mail server
sending the message to you. If you want to whitelist the mail server
sending the message to you, list the IP address of the server (or the
netblock containing the servers, in any of the common formats).

--
Julian Field

believed to be clean.