Input/Output Error

Matt Standish mstandish at gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 15:28:57 IST 2006

Hello all.
After running Mailscanner for a while (I haven't been able to find a
constant variable) MailScanner (postfix) stops delivering or receiving
mail. I receive an Input/Output error whenever I type a command at the
terminal and I am forced to reboot. I am thinking I am either running
too many processes or opening to many files.  Anyone know a kernel
variable I can try and set?
I am running

Suse 10.0
MailScanner 4.53.6-1
Postfix 2.2.5
SA 3.1.0
ClamAV 0.88
Bind is running for local caching

I am using just the database logging portion of MailWatch

I have a ram drive at /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming

The server is a
Dual PIV 1.8Ghz Xeon
4G Ram
120G RAID 5 (SCSI 10k RPM) (ReiserFS)

I havce nothing in /var/log/messages, which I am assuming is because
the file system can't be written too.

--
Matt Standish
MSN Messenger: mps_ at hotmail.com