Truncated $longreport

wizard at jimhermann.com wizard at jimhermann.com
Fri Jun 23 14:59:08 IST 2006

Why does the longreport get truncated sometimes?

It appears to have something to do with the percent sign in the rule
description.  In the example below, the percent sign at the end of the
BAYES_50 description has been replaced with the word uppercase, which is the
last part AFTER the percent sign in the UPPERCASE_25_50 description.

For example:

Message Header has:

      required 5, BAYES_50 2.60, HTML_FONT_INVISIBLE 0.80,
      HTML_MESSAGE 0.00, HTML_TINY_FONT 2.32, RAZOR2_CF_RANGE_00_01 0.01,
      SARE_SPEC_LEO_LINE03a 0.41, UPPERCASE_25_50 0.00)

Message body has:

pts rule name              description
0.8 HTML_FONT_INVISIBLE    BODY: HTML font color is same as background
2.6 BAYES_50               BODY: Bayesian spam probability is 40 to 60
uppercase

-----
End of MailScanner report

I added the last line to my inline.spam.warning.txt file, so that I could
see if the entire message was truncated or just the longreport.