Filename problem

Jethro R Binks jethro.binks at strath.ac.uk
Thu Jun 22 21:08:49 IST 2006

On Thu, 22 Jun 2006, Scott Silva wrote:

> You need to look in the logs to get more detail, as the filename in the
> response message is "sanitized", and the real name could be much longer.

Well there's the thing.  I recall Julian saying reasonably recently that
it wasn't possible to put the "real" or "original" filename in any logs
_without_ sanitising it -- for obvious reasons.  Which often makes it
difficult to enter into a discussion with the user about the nature of the
original filename, other than guesswork.

Jethro.