can we block mails with perticular subject line

Dhawal Doshy dhawal at netmagicsolutions.com
Thu Jun 22 11:23:50 IST 2006

Res wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Jun 2006, Alex Neuman van der Hans wrote:
>
>> Res wrote:

>>> Most if not all MTA's can not do this as the subject is regarded as
>>> par tof "DATA"

As Glenn stated..Postfix can do it, sendmail can do it as well (google
for it).

>>> Maybe he doesnt want to use this spamassassin rubbish ?
>>> whoch is why he is asking
>>>
>> Yeah, that spamassassin rubbish sucks.... NOT! ;-)
>
> sure..... on little systems :)
> It would be adventagous to have a subject file in MailScanner itself for
> those like us who dont/cant run SA on workhorses if we want our usewrs
> to get mail the same year, as a national wholesaler we get very angry
> customers, when their customers takes 2 days to get mail cause SA is so
> f$#@'d

Res, there is something fundamentally wrong in your setup if mails take
such a long time to get delivered.. You are NOT the only mail setup with
multi-million mails getting delivered on a daily basis.

You probably are expecting way too much from your hardware.. content
filtering IS and WILL be a resource hungry function.. have you
considered adding more resources to your setup???

SA works really well for most (if not all) of us. Time for the pot to
stop calling the kettle black (or whatever the phrase may be).

- dhawal