can we block mails with perticular subject line

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 21:51:27 IST 2006

On 21/06/06, Res <res at ausics.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Jun 2006, Dhawal Doshy wrote:
>
> > To reject completely, use features/options at your MTA level.
>
> Most if not all MTA's can not do this as the subject is regarded as par
> tof "DATA"

Postfix (which I know Dahwal uses) is very well capable of rejecting
due to any pattern on headers or body. Usually rejections will be
effected at RCPT TO: or after DATA (in compliance with the RFCs).
Why rejections due to DATA content (header or body) wouldn't be
possible in any particular MTA... Well, it is more a limitation in
that MTA than anything else;-).
And no, I'm not looking for an MTA war:-)

--
-- Glenn