Checking Suspected E-Mails

Matt Kettler mkettler at evi-inc.com
Tue Jun 20 19:14:31 IST 2006

Julian Field wrote:
> Oops, sorry you are absolutely right. Now don't I look a fool :-)
> I'll put it down to lack of pain-killers. Hard narcotics always help my
> day...

That's ok.. regexes can be really sneaky devils to read at times. The eye tends
to want to skip over parts as the mind tries to simplify the regex.

You naturally want to jump to the {2,3} and backtrack, then jump to the {3} at
the end. Unfortunately, in doing that you might miss the first [a-z] or the \s*
in the middle.

(Gee, can you tell I've fallen victim to this a few times? I don't know how many
times I did that when working on antidrug)