OT: Setting Up DNSBL using RBLDNSD

Dhawal Doshy dhawal at netmagicsolutions.com
Tue Jun 20 18:12:46 IST 2006

Dhawal Doshy wrote:
> Michele Neylon :: Blacknight Solutions writes:
>> Has anyone any tips on doing this?
>> I do not want to mirror existing data (I already am :) )
>> I want to setup my own DNSBL to catch the junk that the other DNSBLS
>> miss..
>> The only tutorials / guides I've found either refer explicitly to Bind or
>> make reference to  rbldns-conf, which doesn't appear to exist on Ubuntu
>> Any tips, thoughts or even flames are welcome
>
> Michele, i use a combination of SEC (http://simple-evcorr.sf.net/),
> inserting IPs sending spam mails (at 3 per minute) and virus infected
> mails (at 2 per minute) in to a mysql database (though you could use a
> flat file). This is picked up by a remote machine running rbldnsd.
> I could send you mailscanner related SEC rules if required, though its
> really simple (as compared to swatch).
> The results vary from amazing to zilch at times, since i expire the data
> after an hour..
> - dhawal

Hmm.. managed to create a wiki entry for this.. the sec code needed some
modifications to accommodate SA cache related changes.

http://wiki.mailscanner.info/doku.php?id=documentation:anti_spam:rbls:all:your_own_onemore

It might need modifications again for the new beta (separation of
info/notice logs)

- dhawal