[OT] Strip attachment and add link for download

Alex Pimperton alex at erus.co.uk
Tue Jun 20 12:27:41 IST 2006

Hi All,

This may be a shot in the dark but does anybody use/know of a system
that does the following:

-message arrives at server from local users
-message is checked for attachments
-if attachments exist and are over a certain size, the server splits off
the attachments to a web-accessible directory and inserts a link in the
email so the recipient can download the attachment

I know this is not really MailScanners domain but it would be a very
useful feature.

Is this more of a mailwatch-type feature?

I'm currently using postfix and MailScanner which I don't really want to
change even though know I can do things like this with MDaemon.

Regards,

Alex

dangerous content by the  MailScanner at Placet.co.uk,
and is believed to be clean.