Filename rules question

sandrews at andrewscompanies.com sandrews at andrewscompanies.com
Mon Jun 19 21:50:23 IST 2006

Thanks Matt!

-----Original Message-----
From: mailscanner-bounces at lists.mailscanner.info
[mailto:mailscanner-bounces at lists.mailscanner.info] On Behalf Of Matt
Kettler
Sent: Monday, June 19, 2006 4:16 PM
To: MailScanner discussion
Subject: Re: Filename rules question

sandrews at andrewscompanies.com wrote:
> In filename.rules.conf, it blocks double file extensions; however,
> I've got one company that has to be able to get a file
> "xxxxxx.cmt.rtf" in their email.
>
> How should I allow this?

Above the double-extension deny rule, add an allow rule like such:

allow	\.cmt\.rtf$	-	-

Warning: please note that the above fields MUST be delimted by TAB
characters.
If you copy-paste into your config file, they'll likely get changed to
spaces and you'll have to fix that.

You can see a lot of other examples of exceptions you might wish to
consider in the file attached to my post earlier today with the subject
"Re: Checking Suspected E-Mails".