Whitelisted when it shouldn't be

Matt Kettler mkettler at evi-inc.com
Mon Jun 19 21:07:05 IST 2006

Jeff Ellis wrote:

> I chased down this issue earlier today on my server. Domains were
> getting whitelisted from my "70_sare_whitelist_rcvd.cf" file. I had two
> copies of the file -- one in
> /etc/mail/spamassassin/70_sare_whitelist_rcvd.cf and one in
> /etc/mail/spamassassin/RulesDuJour/70_sare_whitelist_rcvd.cf. Not sure
> which it was hitting but renamed both files and those domains are no
> longer whitelisted.

That should not be the source of this problem. 70_sare_whitelist_rcvd.cf would
cause SpamAssassin to think the message was whitelisted (ie: it would cause a
rule hit of USER_IN_WHITELIST)

This is MailScanner thinking it's whitelisted, which will not be related to any
file in /etc/mail/spamassassin/.

Jeff: FWIW, the one in /etc/mail/spamassassin was the running copy. The one in
the RulesDuJour sub-dir is a temp copy used when RDJ runs and downloads files.

You should make sure that the whitelist file is no longer enabled in your RDJ
config, otherwise the file will simply get installed again the next time you run
RDJ.