Spamassassin false negatives

Dimitri Yioulos dyioulos at firstbhph.com
Mon Jun 19 20:01:16 IST 2006

Hello all.

I'm not sure if this is the 100% correct place to ask (if not,
apologoes), but:

I recently upgraded to MS 4.54.6-1 running on a CentOS 3.7 box.  I'm
also running sendmail-8.12.11-4.RHEL3.6 and SA 3.0.4-1.  Up until
recently, my setup was catching every piece of spam entering our
system.  But lately (not sure exactly when this started), I'm getting
a faair number of false negatives.  Curiously, most of the rule hits
now are bayes, DCC, pyzor, razor and rbl.  That isn't bad, of course,
but I would think, based on the content of the spam, that I'd be
hitting a lot more rules (I have several SARE rulesets installed).
Really, I haven't changed my MS configuration much, and am puzzled as
to why more rules aren't being hit.  Your insights would be
appreciated.

Dimitri

believed to be clean.