Checking Suspected E-Mails

Matt Kettler mkettler at evi-inc.com
Mon Jun 19 18:37:14 IST 2006

Kaplan, Andrew H. wrote:
> Hi there --
>
> I sent a request to the user receiving the resumes to have the send resubmit
> them in plain text format. That should, hopefully, take care of the issue.

Yes, but you might not want to do that if the person you're recruiting (the
sender) is technical.

I know I for one would have a negative impression of the technical capacity of
the company if I received such a request if the original was truly innocuous and
not anything a reasonable person would consider questionable.

I know my own angles on such things are harsher than most, but do consider the
kind of impression you're creating with such things.

In this case, you may not want to hire someone so opinionated, so that might be
perfectly fine. I'm simply advising that the "resend as text please" may create
a negative impression you might not wish to convey to potential customers,
partners or recruits. Be aware of it, consider it, and establish your policies
accordingly.