How to setup rules?

Billy A. Pumphrey bpumphrey at woodmclaw.com
Thu Jun 15 15:38:03 IST 2006

> It's also worth checking some of your low-scoring spam. Make sure none
of
> it
> matches ALL_TRUSTED. If *any* outside mail matches ALL_TRUSTED, read
the
> following wiki article on setting up your trusted_networks manually.
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/TrustPath
> --

I have not done this yet.  Before I implement this, I need to make sure
that I do it write.

- In MailScanner's case the trusted_networks settings will go in
/etc/MailScanner/spam.assassin.prefs.conf, correct?

In my case I believe my settings would be:

trusted_networks 10.1	(internal lan)
trusted_networks 68.74.55.130		(Mx record)

With this in the manual:
MXes for your domain(s) and internal relays should also be specified
using the internal_networks setting. When there are 'trusted' hosts that
are not MXes or internal relays for your domain(s) they should only be
specified in trusted_networks.

Looks like instead of using trusted_networks for mx records or internal
computers, internal_networks should be used.

Can you help me with what is needed for my network.  I only can incoming
mail and my mx record is 68.74.55.130

Thank you