OT: Setting Up DNSBL using RBLDNSD

Res res at ausics.net
Wed Jun 14 22:23:58 IST 2006

On Wed, 14 Jun 2006, Ken A wrote:

> There's got to be a config file if you are running rbldnsd.

Its run via command arguments

ours is (minus the real IP of our RBL)

/usr/local/bin/rbldnsd -c 60 -b 202.x.x.x \
rbl.name:ip4set:/var/lib/rbldns/rblgen

-c checks for changes to the conf file every 60 seconds so you dont have
to restart it.   -b is the real ip of the server  rbl.name is some name
you call it  and the file rblgen holds the ip's of the buggers you dont
want, you can do it via name based but this requirs modification to yourr
mail server software to deal with it
the format of the rblgen file is explained in the tarball

--
Cheers
Res