How to setup rules?

Matt Kettler mkettler at evi-inc.com
Wed Jun 14 22:06:45 IST 2006

Arthur Sherman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have never used MailScanner/Spamassassin rules.
>
> Could someone point me please to place where I could learn to use/implement
> them?

I can't help you much with MailScanner rules, as I personally don't use them
that often. Really MailScanner rules are more for controlling who's mail gets
scanned, etc.

As for SpamAssassin rules, there's a fairly comprehensive guide in the wiki:

http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/WritingRules

> I get a lot of spam ranked 1 to 3 points.

SA rules are what you need.

It's also worth checking some of your low-scoring spam. Make sure none of it
matches ALL_TRUSTED. If *any* outside mail matches ALL_TRUSTED, read the
following wiki article on setting up your trusted_networks manually.

http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/TrustPath