Startup script question

shuttlebox shuttlebox at gmail.com
Wed Jun 14 10:23:37 IST 2006

On 6/14/06, Levin <levin at mydream.com.hk> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My mailbox running a sendmail MTA as a relay-only gateway, I setup a
> mailscanner up and run, however I found out that if it state
> DeliveryMode=queueonly  in /etc/rc.d/init.d/MailScanner script, all
> incoming from from otherworld will stuck into /var/spool/mqueue.in and
> not go anywhere, also /var/log/maillog show the mail was queued NOT
> sent, so I modify it to DeliveryMode=background, it seems work... but I
> don't know anything wrong, would you please describe a little bit my
> statement?

This page describes well what needs to be done with Sendmail.

http://mailscanner.info/sendmail.html

The main thing is that the listening Sendmail process does not
deliver, instead MailScanner intercepts the message in the incoming
queue and when it has processed it it places it in the outgoing queue
where the other (delivering) Sendmail process takes care of it and
sends it on its way.
--
/peter