MailScanner: New website feature

Alex Pimperton alex at erus.co.uk
Tue Jun 13 13:51:26 IST 2006

Julian Field wrote:
> Folks,
>
> Just a quick note to let you all know about a new useful page on
> www.mailscanner.info <http://www.mailscanner.info>.
>
> http://www.mailscanner.info/MailScanner.conf.index.html
>
> There is an indexed list of every configuration option you can set,
> including details about it such as whether it can take a ruleset, its
> default value, a detailed description of its purpose, and so on.

This is excellent, thanks.

Along the same lines, is it in anyway possible to have something similar
for the messages mailscanner outputs to syslog with a description of how
severe the error is?

I'm getting a lot of false positives for logcheck/logwatch but I don't
want to hack in my own regexps for fear of missing a "Mailscanner will
blow up the server in 10,9,8..." sometime around 7am on a weekday.

Regards,

Alex

dangerous content by the  MailScanner at Placet.co.uk,
and is believed to be clean.