Mailscanner stopped, sendmail running...

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Tue Jun 13 12:31:18 IST 2006

Muhammad Nauman wrote on Tue, 13 Jun 2006 10:22:40 +0500:

> I m still facing this problem - My sendmail suddenly gets stuck

I think it has been said before that shutting down sendmail doesn't shut
down every single client that is handling a connection. What shuts down is
the master process and any client after terminating the currently handled
connection. There is no "stuck", the children handle connections. You can
get more information about them with ps. And this doesn't look like a
MailScanner problem.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany