Mailscanner 4.54.6 on FreeBSd 6.1 not working

Marc Dufresne Marc.Dufresne at parks.on.ca
Sat Jun 10 18:38:30 IST 2006

Didn;t know I had that option. What I did was downloaded the latest
install-Clam-SA.tar.gz from
http://www.sng.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailscanner/files/4/install-Clam-SA.tar.gz

Ran the ./install.sh --perl=<path to perl>

adjusted path to pyzor and dcc in the mailscanner.cf, then ran
/usr/local/sbin/MailScanner --lint

Read 711 hostnames from the phishing whitelist
Checking for SpamAssassin errors (if you use it)...
Using SpamAssassin results cache
Connected to SpamAssassin cache database
SpamAssassin reported no errors.

MailScanner.conf says "Virus Scanners = clamav"
Found these virus scanners installed: clamavmodule

Looks good. Now for the moment of truth!!!! We'll let you know what
happens.

Marc Dufresne, Corporate IT Officer
St. Lawrence Parks Commission
13740 County Road 2
Morrisburg, ON  K0C 1X0

E-mail: Marc.Dufresne at parks.on.ca
Voice: 613-543-3704  Ext#2455
Fax: 613-543-2847
Corporate website: www.parks.on.ca

>>> lars+lister.mailscanner at adventuras.no 6/10/2006 1:06:36 PM >>>
Marc Dufresne skrev:
> This is what I've done today to resolve my issues.
>
> p5-Filesys-Statvfs-Df error (FIXED)
> -Fixed by removing it from the ports tree.
> -Ran cvsup -g -L 2 portsupdatefile
> -Went to /usr/ports/devel/p5-Filesys-Statvfs-Df-0.68
> ran make
> make install
>
> Result: Successful installation
>
> Mailscanner-4.54.6 (Reinstalled)
> -removed from ports tree
> - Ran cvsup -g -L 2 portsupdatefile
> - went to /usr/ports/mail/mailscanner

Did you run 'make config'  in that directory?
You may have missed the options to install spamassassin and clamav.

Lars
> ran make
> make install
>
> Result: Successful installation
>
> Perl5.8.8
> went to /usr/ports/lang/perl5.8.8
> ran make
> make install
>
> Result:
> I wanted to make sure perl 5.8.8 was installed corectly since I
> re-installed p5-Filesys-Statvfs-Df-0.68 and Mailscanenr-4.54.6.
After