Mailscanner 4.54.6 on FreeBSd 6.1 not working

Marc Dufresne Marc.Dufresne at parks.on.ca
Sat Jun 10 15:44:04 IST 2006

I've been racking by brain trying to find that script name!!

Thanks.

Marc Dufresne, Corporate IT Officer
St. Lawrence Parks Commission
13740 County Road 2
Morrisburg, ON  K0C 1X0

E-mail: Marc.Dufresne at parks.on.ca
Voice: 613-543-3704  Ext#2455
Fax: 613-543-2847
Corporate website: www.parks.on.ca

>>> lars+lister.mailscanner at adventuras.no 6/10/2006 10:40:01 AM >>>
Marc Dufresne skrev:
> That's exactly whatI did. Mailscanner installed properly, I then
> followed the instructions at the end of the install concerning
> mailscanner and mta.
>
> When executing mailscanner manually from the command line
> /usr/local/etc/rc.d/mailscanner start
>
> It would just go back to the command line. If I ran ps -ax
mailscanner
> wasn't running.
>
> after pulling my hair out for about two hours, I noticed the latest
> version of Perl was 5.8.8. I was running perl 5.8.7. So I upgrade to
> perl5.8.8. That went successful. Mailscanner still didn't work.

Look for perl in /usr/ports/Updating and you will see that you need
  to update everything perl when updating perl itself.
The easiest way is to run the perl-after-upgrade script.

> So I went under /usr/ports/mail/mailscannner and ran
>
> make deinstall
>
> mailscanner-4.54.6 uninstalled successfully. Then I tried to
re-install
> by running
>
> make
> make install
> under /usr/ports/mail/mailscannner.
>
> Now I'm getting this error:
>
> Installing for p5-Filesys-Statvfs_Df-0.68
> ===>   p5-Filesys-Statvfs_Df-0.68 depends on file:
> /usr/local/bin/perl5.8.8 - found

perl5.8

> ===>   Generating temporary packing list
> ===>  Checking if devel/p5-Filesys-Statvfs_Df already installed
> make: don't know how to make
/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.7/mach/Config.pm.

perl5.7, so p5-Filesys-Statvfs_Df needs updating too.