Mailscanner 4.54.6 on FreeBSd 6.1 not working

Marc Dufresne Marc.Dufresne at parks.on.ca
Sat Jun 10 15:16:10 IST 2006

That's exactly whatI did. Mailscanner installed properly, I then
followed the instructions at the end of the install concerning
mailscanner and mta.

When executing mailscanner manually from the command line
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/mailscanner start

It would just go back to the command line. If I ran ps -ax mailscanner
wasn't running.

after pulling my hair out for about two hours, I noticed the latest
version of Perl was 5.8.8. I was running perl 5.8.7. So I upgrade to
perl5.8.8. That went successful. Mailscanner still didn't work.

So I went under /usr/ports/mail/mailscannner and ran

make deinstall

mailscanner-4.54.6 uninstalled successfully. Then I tried to re-install
by running

make
make install
under /usr/ports/mail/mailscannner.

Now I'm getting this error:

Installing for p5-Filesys-Statvfs_Df-0.68
===>   p5-Filesys-Statvfs_Df-0.68 depends on file:
/usr/local/bin/perl5.8.8 - found
===>   Generating temporary packing list
===>  Checking if devel/p5-Filesys-Statvfs_Df already installed
make: don't know how to make /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.7/mach/Config.pm.
Stop
*** Error code 2

Stop in /usr/ports/devel/p5-Filesys-Statvfs_Df.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/mail/mailscanner.

Any ideas?

Marc Dufresne, Corporate IT Officer
St. Lawrence Parks Commission
13740 County Road 2
Morrisburg, ON  K0C 1X0

E-mail: Marc.Dufresne at parks.on.ca
Voice: 613-543-3704  Ext#2455
Fax: 613-543-2847
Corporate website: www.parks.on.ca

>>> lars+lister.mailscanner at adventuras.no 6/10/2006 7:30:49 AM >>>
Marc Dufresne skrev:
> I have just upgraded to FreeBSD 6.1 and Sendmail 8.13.6.
>
> The mailscanner software running on my box is mailscanner 4.52.2-1. I
have tested this with the above upgrades and it still is working
perfectly.

> I decided to update my ports tree and then updated mailscanner to
version 4.54.6. Everything installed correctly, but I cannot get
mailscanner to run from the command line or on boot.

Any failure messages?
Wild shot: You need to update mailscanner after upgrading the os
  because of a filename installation default.
  (mta or mta.sh)

--
Regards from Lars

> I have followed the instructions under
>
> /usr/local/etc/rc.d/mailscanner by adding the following lines to
/etc/rc.conf

> mailscanner_enable="YES"
> mailscanner_configfile="/usr/local/etc/MailScanner/MailScanner.conf"
> mailscanner_pidfile="/var/run/MailScanner.pid"
>
> I have also followed the instructions in /usr/local/etc/rc.d/mta by
adding the following lines to the /etc/rc.conf