MailScanner delivering Spam as attachments

DAve dave.list at pixelhammer.com
Fri Jun 9 14:49:34 IST 2006

Good morning,

It has been a busy week, with so much going on maybe I have just missed
something simple.

I have upgrade both instances of MailScanner, Clamav, SpamAssassin. I am
in the process of migrating all our Spam filtering off the toasters and
on to the MailScanner boxes. I want to have MailScanner only test for
spam and add the requested headers, nothing more. I will have the
individual toasters read the headers and deliver the message appropriately.

I've changed my MailScanner.conf to read as follows for my test domain,

===MailScanner.conf
Spam Modify Subject = no
Spam Checks = %rules-dir%/user.filtering.rules
Use SpamAssassin = yes
Cache SpamAssassin Results = yes
Spam Actions = %rules-dir%/user.delivery.rules
High Scoring Spam Actions = %rules-dir%/highscore.delivery.rules
Non Spam Actions = deliver

====user.delivery.rules